Prep/PACU Registered Nurse
Posted:August 13, 2019
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Prep/PACU Registered Nurse. The staff nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who, under the immediate supervision of the Director of Operations, is responsible for the safety of the patient while in the preoperative and recovery and assists with the supervision of nonprofessional personnel in the area. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, he/she anticipates the needs of the surgical team and provides such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. This individual must be currently licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Wisconsin and must be familiar with the basic nursing performance standards as outlined in the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act. Certification in CPR, ACLS, and PALS preferred; completion of a basic arrhythmia interpretation course is desired.
This is a 0.8 FTE position.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- A minimum of one year experience in PACU or ICU
- Knowledge and experience in the preoperative and postoperative care of the surgical patient
- Evidence of continuing education in the field of surgical suite nursing
Business Office Associate
Posted:July 29, 2019
Performs surgery center receptionist, business office, and medical records tasks in a fast paced business to include patient registration, medical record assembly and completion, interaction with other medical facilities to obtain records, and delivery of exceptional customer service to all patients and visitors. Works within a small team of employees to assure all tasks and duties of the business office are completed daily in an effective and efficient manner. Performs other duties as requested or required. Under the general and direct supervision of the Business Office Supervisor.
This is a .8 FTE.
a. Greets all patients, vendors, and visitors in a warm and friendly manner
b. Registers each patient for surgery in a timely, efficient manner according to facility policies and procedures
c. Verifies and updates all patient information upon check in
d. Answers incoming phone calls and manages needs of caller in a polite and friendly manner
e. Assures needs of people in waiting room are met, provides excellent customer service.
f. Keeps family members updated on surgery schedule
2. Business Office
a. Completes benefit letters and mails to patients as needed
b. Maintains and orders business office supplies weekly
c. Collects copays as needed
d. Assists patients with insurance/account questions as able or refer to billing specialist
e. Schedules surgeries as needed
f. Verifies insurance eligibility/benefits and requirement of precertification/preauthorization
g. Posts payments as needed
3. Medical Records
a. Prints and distributes operative reports daily
b. Prints post op appointment slips for next day’s surgeries
c. Releases medical and billing records using appropriate release forms
d. Prepares patient charts to include all information necessary according to policies and procedures. H&Ps, lab work, EKGs, orders, etc. Makes phone calls to medical offices to get information when needed
e. Maintains correct and full medial record as specified in policy and procedures
f. Conducts audit on each chart to assure completeness, files according to policy and procedures
g. Records lab results in lab binder and Vision as indicated
a. Maintains confidentiality of all current and former patient’s charts as required by surgery center policy and governing laws
b. Assists patients of any age, race, creed, gender, and disability without bias or prejudice
c. Practices ethical responsibility based on the culture, ethnic, and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law
d. Interacts with fellow employees in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment
e. Respects and understands the patient’s right to treatment and right to be involved in treatment decisions
f. Coordinates efforts to effectively work with other team members to work in the most efficient and productive manner
g. Possess the ability to reason and critically think through processes and decisions
h. Modifies work schedule as required by the surgery center and maintains proper attendance and punctuality per policy
i. Keeps current on all policies and procedures related to job duty
- Associates degree or undergraduate work is desired along with a high school graduate or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of patient care/services administered in a surgery center with knowledge of physiology anatomy neurology and medical terminology specifically orthopedic related is desirable and would be preferred
- Previous patient contact in a medical practice is required
- Must be able to pay attention to details and use critical thinking skills to manage decision making
- Knowledge of the EPIC medical records system is desirable
- Effective typing and computer skills required
- Exceptional customer service with effective communication and organizational skills are imperative to this position
Posted:May 31, 2019
The Director of Quality is responsible for leading the administration of the facility’s Quality Program, including quality corrective actions, containment, and improvement plans.
- Leads development and implementation of the surgery center quality improvement plan in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the Institute, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards (AAAHC). Represents the ASC at the Medical Advisory and Quality Improvement committee meetings.
- Risk Manager, including employee injuries and exposures.
- Infection Preventionist required by the AAAHC.
- Leads the development and implementation of systems, policies, and procedures for the identification collection, and analysis of performance measurement data.
- Leads, facilitates, and advises internal quality improvement teams.
- Collects and summarizes performance data, identifies opportunities for improvement, and presents findings quarterly to the Leadership Team, staff, and Board of Directors.
- Analyzes customer survey data to identify opportunities for improvement and presents findings to appropriate department.
- Facilitates and reports findings of internal and external benchmarking opportunities at a minimum of 3 per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Certified Infection Preventionist preferred
- 10 years of experience in Nursing
- 2 years of experience in Quality
- EPIC and Vision preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills & attention to detail
Recovery Inn Registered Nurse
Posted:January 23, 2019
The Recovery Inn, located on the campus of the Orthopedic & Sports Institute, is a unique facility offering highly specialized rehabilitation services to those recovering from joint replacement or repair surgery.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the care and safety of patients. The RN is also responsible for ensuring effective communication among him/herself, the certified nursing assistant, the patient and their families, other staff, and physicians. The RN promotes restoration of health and the achievement of patient health goals through assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and delegation in the delivery of patient care. The RN must be perceptive, with good judgment and decision-making/problem-solving skills, and must be able to understand and implement the plan of care. The RN must show courtesy and respect to other employees, patients, family members, and visitors while providing excellent customer service.
We currently have a Full-Time, PM shift (2pm-10pm) position available. This position is scheduled every other weekend and every other holiday.
Apply online or send cover letter and resume to:
Shaena Van Handel, Executive Director
2105 East Enterprise Avenue, Suite 120
Appleton, WI 54913
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin
- Minimum 1 year RN experience preferred
- Certified in BLS
- Demonstrate ability to provide quality patient care
- Communicate and work efficiently with people
- Motivated and team oriented
Medical Receptionist – Orthopedic Clinic of Appleton
Posted:December 17, 2018
We are looking for an individual who will create a positive first impression and establish strong patient relationships while assisting patients with their requests in a fast paced environment. Candidates for this position must possess a background in and a passion for serving customers, strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent problem solving skills.
This part-time position’s main responsibilities will be greeting patients, verifying patient benefit information and scheduling appointments. Work hours are Wednesday and Thursday morning including Tuesday mornings occasionally. This position will provide coverage for our Waupaca, Appleton, and De Pere locations. The weekly hours will be 10 -15 hours per week with the range of hours from 7:00 am – 1:00 pm. No weekends or holidays.
- Must have 3+ years of customer service experience
- Must have strong verbal communication skills
- Strongly prefer medical experience
- Medical Terminology strongly encouraged
- eClinicalWorks and Epic experience a plus