Posted:April 09, 2019
Orthopedic & Sports Institute (OSI) is looking to add an additional part-time team member to our Concierge team. The concierge enhances the patient, guest, vendor, and team member experience by providing up to date information about OSI and its building partners. The concierge team member must be polite, flexible, and accommodating to the needs of the campus.
- Greeting all guests with a warm and welcoming smile; offer and assist with wheelchairs as needed.
- Give a warm good-bye and assistance as needed upon departure.
- Offer assistance to the patients in and out of the car, building, use of a wheel-chair etc.
- Provide directions in the building to OSI patients, guests, and vendors.
- Manage the lobby to include stocking the refrigerator, brewing coffee, assisting those waiting, and monitor the InstyMeds machine when asked.
- Keep inventory of the coffee, beverages, supplies, and ordering.
- Interact with patients, guest, vendors, and team members.
- Sort and deliver mail.
- Monitor and manage the room schedule for the classroom.
- Serve as the “Go-to” person for the team members, guests, and vendors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of Word; Excel; Outlook
Prep/PACU Registered Nurse
Posted:February 26, 2019
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Prep/PACU Registered Nurse. The staff nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who, under the immediate supervision of the Director of Operations, is responsible for the safety of the patient while in the preoperative and recovery and assists with the supervision of nonprofessional personnel in the area. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, he/she anticipates the needs of the surgical team and provides such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. This individual must be currently licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Wisconsin and must be familiar with the basic nursing performance standards as outlined in the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act. Certification in CPR, ACLS, and PALS preferred; completion of a basic arrhythmia interpretation course is desired.
This is a Stand-by position.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- A minimum of one year experience in PACU or ICU
- Knowledge and experience in the preoperative and postoperative care of the surgical patient
- Evidence of continuing education in the field of surgical suite nursing
Orthopedic PA-C or APNP
Posted:February 15, 2019
Orthopedic Clinic of Appleton is seeking a qualified full time Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner to join us at the Appleton and satellite locations.
Job duties include:
- Evaluation and assessment of new patients
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings
- Pre-operative evaluation and health management
- Prescription management
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools
- Assist with orthopedic surgical procedures
- Post-operative patient care
- Patient rounds, administer discharge orders, dictates discharge summaries on patients
- Brace fitting and education
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s specific need
- Triage and handling of patient related clinical questions and concerns (i.e. procedural questions, discharge summaries, etc.)
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience. Compensation package includes employee medical, vision and dental coverage. Professional liability insurance, CME time and stipend. Generous 401k and retirement contribution.
- Graduate of an accredited program
- Active clinical licensing as required by state and federal law
- Eligible for hospital privileges/credentialing
- Experience in a fast-paced medical practice
- preferably previous experience with orthopedics
- Knowledge of and experience with prescription management
- including schedule II drugs
- Previous experience in team centered clinic
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism Exceptional customer service skills and patient centered care approach
Posted:February 01, 2019
This position will work under the direction of orthopedic providers and the supervising clinic lead to provide care to patients and ensure the efficient delivery of medical services. Must be capable of working with minimal supervision while managing multiple priorities. Some travel will be required as needed to outlying clinics.
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures that include clinic, surgery cases, and post op X-rays.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatment, including sterilization.
- Position patients for basic radiological studies, adjust immobilization devices and place shielding devices as appropriate. Make adjustments to radiology equipment for regulation of length and intensity of exposure based on study performed.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient history and vital signs. Assist physicians with injections/aspirations. Assist in cast application and removal. Perform direct patient care as instructed by physician.
- Arrange for specialized consultations and appointments for testing as ordered by the physicians.
- Take patient history and vital signs.
- Assist physicians with injections/aspirations.
- Assist in cast application/removal.
- Perform direct patient care as instructed by physician.
- Assist in surgery and procedure scheduling.
- Perform other selected nursing and administrative duties as needed.
- Certified X-Ray Technologist required
- Current CPR certification required
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance
Recovery Inn Registered Nurse
Posted:January 23, 2019
The Recovery Inn, located on the campus of the Orthopedic & Sports Institute, is a unique facility offering highly specialized rehabilitation services to those recovering from joint replacement or repair surgery.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the care and safety of patients. The RN is also responsible for ensuring effective communication among him/herself, the certified nursing assistant, the patient and their families, other staff, and physicians. The RN promotes restoration of health and the achievement of patient health goals through assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and delegation in the delivery of patient care. The RN must be perceptive, with good judgment and decision-making/problem-solving skills, and must be able to understand and implement the plan of care. The RN must show courtesy and respect to other employees, patients, family members, and visitors while providing excellent customer service.
We currently have a Full-Time, PM shift (2pm-10pm) position available. This position is scheduled every other weekend and every other holiday.
Apply online or send cover letter and resume to:
Shaena Van Handel, Executive Director
2105 East Enterprise Avenue, Suite 120
Appleton, WI 54913
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin
- Minimum 1 year RN experience preferred
- Certified in BLS
- Demonstrate ability to provide quality patient care
- Communicate and work efficiently with people
- Motivated and team oriented