Telephone Customer Service – Intake Coordinator
Posted:June 05, 2019
We are looking for an individual who will create a positive first impression and establish strong patient relationships while assisting patients and potential patients with their requests in a fast paced environment. Candidates for this position must possess a background in and a passion for serving customers, strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent problem solving skills.
This full time position’s main responsibilities will be answering phones, verifying patient benefit information and scheduling appointments. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. No weekends or holidays.
- Must have 3+ years of customer service experience
- Must have strong verbal communication skills
- Strongly prefer medical experience
- Medical Terminology strongly encouraged
- eClinical and Epic experience a plus
Posted:May 31, 2019
The Director of Quality is responsible for leading the administration of the facility’s Quality Program, including quality corrective actions, containment, and improvement plans.
- Leads development and implementation of the surgery center quality improvement plan in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the Institute, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards (AAAHC). Represents the ASC at the Medical Advisory and Quality Improvement committee meetings.
- Risk Manager, including employee injuries and exposures.
- Infection Preventionist required by the AAAHC.
- Leads the development and implementation of systems, policies, and procedures for the identification collection, and analysis of performance measurement data.
- Leads, facilitates, and advises internal quality improvement teams.
- Collects and summarizes performance data, identifies opportunities for improvement, and presents findings quarterly to the Leadership Team, staff, and Board of Directors.
- Analyzes customer survey data to identify opportunities for improvement and presents findings to appropriate department.
- Facilitates and reports findings of internal and external benchmarking opportunities at a minimum of 3 per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Certified Infection Preventionist preferred
- 10 years of experience in Nursing
- 2 years of experience in Quality
- EPIC and Vision preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills & attention to detail
Prep/PACU Registered Nurse
Posted:February 26, 2019
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Prep/PACU Registered Nurse. The staff nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who, under the immediate supervision of the Director of Operations, is responsible for the safety of the patient while in the preoperative and recovery and assists with the supervision of nonprofessional personnel in the area. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, he/she anticipates the needs of the surgical team and provides such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. This individual must be currently licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Wisconsin and must be familiar with the basic nursing performance standards as outlined in the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act. Certification in CPR, ACLS, and PALS preferred; completion of a basic arrhythmia interpretation course is desired.
There is a .5 FTE and Stand-by opportunities available.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- A minimum of one year experience in PACU or ICU
- Knowledge and experience in the preoperative and postoperative care of the surgical patient
- Evidence of continuing education in the field of surgical suite nursing
Orthopedic PA-C or APNP
Posted:February 15, 2019
Orthopedic Clinic of Appleton is seeking a qualified full time Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner to join us at the Appleton and satellite locations.
Job duties include:
- Evaluation and assessment of new patients
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings
- Pre-operative evaluation and health management
- Prescription management
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools
- Assist with orthopedic surgical procedures
- Post-operative patient care
- Patient rounds, administer discharge orders, dictates discharge summaries on patients
- Brace fitting and education
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s specific need
- Triage and handling of patient related clinical questions and concerns (i.e. procedural questions, discharge summaries, etc.)
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience. Compensation package includes employee medical, vision and dental coverage. Professional liability insurance, CME time and stipend. Generous 401k and retirement contribution.
- Graduate of an accredited program
- Active clinical licensing as required by state and federal law
- Eligible for hospital privileges/credentialing
- Experience in a fast-paced medical practice
- preferably previous experience with orthopedics
- Knowledge of and experience with prescription management
- including schedule II drugs
- Previous experience in team centered clinic
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism Exceptional customer service skills and patient centered care approach
Recovery Inn Registered Nurse
Posted:January 23, 2019
The Recovery Inn, located on the campus of the Orthopedic & Sports Institute, is a unique facility offering highly specialized rehabilitation services to those recovering from joint replacement or repair surgery.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the care and safety of patients. The RN is also responsible for ensuring effective communication among him/herself, the certified nursing assistant, the patient and their families, other staff, and physicians. The RN promotes restoration of health and the achievement of patient health goals through assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and delegation in the delivery of patient care. The RN must be perceptive, with good judgment and decision-making/problem-solving skills, and must be able to understand and implement the plan of care. The RN must show courtesy and respect to other employees, patients, family members, and visitors while providing excellent customer service.
We currently have a Full-Time, PM shift (2pm-10pm) position available. This position is scheduled every other weekend and every other holiday.
Apply online or send cover letter and resume to:
Shaena Van Handel, Executive Director
2105 East Enterprise Avenue, Suite 120
Appleton, WI 54913
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin
- Minimum 1 year RN experience preferred
- Certified in BLS
- Demonstrate ability to provide quality patient care
- Communicate and work efficiently with people
- Motivated and team oriented